- Three new Daikin Inverter Split Air Conditioner units for cooling and heating.
- New Eco solar panels and water tank.
- All new Europa aluminium double glazed windows, with Tilt and Turn, insect screens, shutters and doors with great security features.
- Whole house recently repainted with durable paint.
- Beautiful, private, mature garden with easy to maintain spaces, fruit trees and specimen planting, pergola, and enough room to create a Pool.
- House is connected to fixed telephone line and has very good internet connectivity.
- Parking at 100 meters.
- Quiet street with car access.
- 1 minute walk into village centre and amenities.
- 5 minutes' drive to harbourside beach town of Koroni, with its character, the famous Zaga beach, castle, and comprehensive amenities.
- Within easy access of many unspoilt sandy beaches and pure seas.
- The village is on a bus route to Koroni, and in the other direction, to the lovely coastal city of Kalamata at a distance of 47 km. Kalamata has the nearest international airport to Harakopio, along good roads
and a very scenic route next to the sea.
- The house is suitable and equipped for year-round living, and also for those who do not wish to drive. It is also ideal for those who may prefer the convenience of a 'lock up and leave' in a very safe village.
Included in the sale:
- All major kitchen domestic appliances.
- 'Industrial style' steel shelving unit in kitchen.
- All Air Conditioning units.
- One double hydraulic bed base for underbed storage.
- Double Artisan handmade mattress by 'John Ryan by design – UK'.
- White painted wooden dining table for six people.
- 4 pine dining room chairs.
- Ikea day bed.
- Two tall pine chests of drawers.
- Fabric covered (washable) 3-seater settee in a neutral sand colour.
- Some light fittings.
- Zanussi washing machine 10kg XXL.
- Pitsos Condenser Dryer.
This lovingly restored house "VILLA SHAMBHALA", is situated in Harakopio, which is a traditional Greek village, 2km from the nearest white sandy beach, and 5 mins drive from the Medieval and picturesque seaside town of Koroni with its many harbourside tavernas, café bars, shops and endless sandy beaches. Harakopio is a very safe and friendly village with many amenities including tavernas, café bars, chemists, bakeries, doctors, art gallery/shop, hair and beauty salons, DIY shops, florist, mini markets and a well-stocked supermarket. Because of its many amenities, it is a desirable village in which to live for its convenience, and lively sense of community.
The village is on a year-round bus route to Koroni in one direction, which is 4km away, and to Kalamata, the nearest city in the other. Kalamata, which is 47 km away is a lovely seaside city with a pretty harbour, seafront boulevard, and all the amenities one could wish for. It also has the nearest International airport to Harakopio, with ever increasing flight options.
This traditional house has been recently restored to a very high standard by its current owners who are artists and musicians, and it retains its character features and quirks, whilst having been brought up to modern standards of comfort and convenience.
The house is set over two floors and is 180sqm in total. The plot is 214 sqm in total. It is accessible by car on a quiet asphalted side street in the village, which also contains the local olive museum/cultural centre, and only traditional looking houses.
Being stone built, the walls are very thick, ensuring the house stays cool in summer, and warm in winter. The ceiling is also insulated, and the roof is less than 20 years old. All the windows and doors are aluminium, recently installed, and of modern design with argon gas filled cavities, frames with thermal breaks, and all windows have insect screens and shutters. The doors have several security features, so the house is extremely secure. There are new solar panels and a new eco water tank on the roof which provide hot water most of the year around, and an immersion heater for the winter for cloudy days. For cooling and heating there are three new Inverter Split Air Conditioning units by top brand Daikin; one large one in the lounge and one in each principal bedroom. They are all AAA rating. The whole house was repainted with top quality Benjamin Moore paint in 2019, and it is colourfast, long lasting and mildew resistant and new Guttering has been placed all around the house.
The house comprises of an extremely large loft style lounge on the upper floor of approx 55 sqm, which has lots of windows ensuring brightness all day long, and a spectacular, wooden beamed 'cathedral ceiling'. The floors are natural wood. There is also a very large woodburner in this room which is more than adequate to heat this large space.
Off the living room, there is a new fitted kitchen by Ikea, in a grey colour and traditional style that suits the aesthetic of the property, and a new integrated multi-function electric oven, ceramic hob and extractor fan by Pitsos (same as Bosch). The sink is white composite granite, and the tap is by Franke. The owners chose deep drawers instead of cupboards to maximise access and space usage. The kitchen is served by the main entrance door and a large window.
The large family bathroom is also on this floor, and it has the benefit of a spacious walk-in shower, with a rain bath showerhead, glass screen, stylish sink and new Roca toilet. The new tiling is non-slip with antique style terracotta tiles, and there is a wall heater for winter warmth and a plug socket. There are two windows ensuring a well-ventilated space and a cooling breeze.
Down a few wide and easy stairs from the lounge, we reach the two principal bedrooms, and a third room which could be used as another bedroom/dressing room/craft room/bathroom etc. As the bedrooms are on the ground floor, they keep a very ambient temperature and are cool in summer. The largest bedroom is approx 36 sqm. This room has a newly tiled floor, ample storage/hanging space, two windows and a door with tilting shutters. The second bedroom is also large at approx 28sqm and this room leads onto the third bedroom, currently used as a music room. These rooms also have tiled floors, and the smaller room has whitewashed ceiling beams. This room leads out to the garden via a secure glass door with insect screen. All of the bedrooms have recessed ceiling lights or spotlights.
At the rear of the house, accessed by a secure door, is the utility room which houses the washing machine and dryer. It is a very useful, secure storage space for power tools etc.
Also within the plot is a large woodshed and an apothiki (understairs storage area) which are very useful spaces for bikes etc. and there is an outside tap and wall lights.
The plot is accessed down a small lane, and through a tall, lockable metal gate, which is bespoke, and includes the ancient 'Namaste' sign of welcome and peace. Through this gate, one enters the 'secret garden', for it is unusual to have such a private, charming space in a village setting. The garden is mainly laid with plaka (natural stones), and there is planting around this. The planting is mature, with two orange trees, two tangerine trees, oleander, myrtle, jasmine, plumbago, bird of paradise amongst others. The fruit trees are very bountiful, and the fruit is sweet.
There are shady and sunny areas in the garden throughout the day, with various seating areas, and for entertaining there is a pergola in a part of the garden which is 'walled' so it feels very private....a little slice of Greek paradise!
Price: € 195,000.00